May was a bit of an odd month for me. Due to it being such a stressful, busy time in work I fell into my first mini reading slump of 2017. I was also struck down by a painful back/hip and fell out of sync with my journalling too. All in all it was a bit of a nightmare! Luckily over the last week or so I’ve picked myself back up and I’m feeling much better.
Number of Books read: 7
Number of Pages read: 2,260
Despite my slumpy feeling I did manage to read 7 books in May and on the whole I enjoyed them. It took me a while to read Flame in the Mist as it was very wordy but I thoroughly enjoyed it! A quick overview of my ratings is listed below. Book covers link to the Goodreads page for each book, the titles below will lead you to my review.
- Last Breath by Robert Bryndza – ★★★★★
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon – ★★★★★
- Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh – ★★★★
- Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie – ★★★★
- Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander – ★★★★★
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo – ★★★★ (review to come!)
- Who Runs the World? by Virginia Bergin – ★★ (review to come!)
May Book of the Month absolutely has to be the wonderful When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon. This book just filled me with SUCH joy and happiness. I fell in love with Dimple who is such a fab character, I love her ambition and independence. Rishi is an absolute darling and I just wanted to give him a big cuddle. This book is a cosy read with plenty of moments to warm your heart. It is also full of laugh out loud moments. I’d love to see this book as a movie, it would be bound to be Rom-Com of the year! Check out my review here.
- Goodreads Challenge: 46/100
- Let’s Turn Pages: 15,935/38,000 pages
- British Books Challenge: 14/12 (keeping going with this one!)
- 2017 Beat the Backlist Challenge: 8/40
- #DiversityBingo2017: 9/36
June is shaping up to be a rather fantastic month already. Just looking at all the wonderful books being released on 1st June is making my mouth water and my bookish heart pound. It’s certain to cost me a fortune but it’s my birthday this month so I deserve bookish treats, right?
What were your favourites reads in May?
Have you read my book of the month? What did you think?