Hi everyone, another week, another tag! This one is a re-do of a tag that I originally did a VERY long time ago and when I saw that Bex had done it I remembered how much fun it was and thought I would do it again! If you want to check out my old post then you can do so here.
The idea is to pick 3 books at random from your ‘read’ shelf on Goodreads and decide which you will reread, which you will rewrite and which book will be burned! I’m going to do five rounds for this post.
- Randomly choose 3 books you’ve read. (Use the ‘random’ option on your Goodreads “read” shelf.)
- For each group of three books, decide which book you’d burn, rewrite, or reread.
- Repeat until you complete three rounds (or five)
A Feast for Crows, Who Let the Gods Out?, A Happy New Year …?
YES, we are starting off easy!
- Reread: I would 100% reread Who Let the Gods Out? by Maz Evans – this book is fantastic and funny.
- Rewrite: And A Happy New Year…? by Holly Bourne because although I enjoyed it I would definitely just makes this into a super fluffy read.
- Burn: A Feast For Crows by George R. R. Martin which I am okay with.
Cuckoo Song, The Lovely Bones, The Arsonist
- Reread: The Arsonist by Stephanie Oakes. I ADORED this book when I read it last month.
- Rewrite: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.
- Burn: Cuckoo Song by Frances Hardinge. I am determined that at some point I must reread this because I strongly disliked it but a part of me wants to like it!
The Loneliest Girl in the Universe, The Great Gatsby, Tree Magic
- Reread: The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James because this book is absolutely INCREDIBLE.
- Rewrite: Tree Magic by Harriet Springbett. There isn’t a reason to want to rewrite this book as I thoroughly enjoyed it, I just couldn’t burn it!!
- Burn: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. There is nothing wrong with this book, in fact, I really quite like it but I couldn’t face burning either of the other two!
Cell 7, Still Alice, The Scarecrow Queen
- Reread: The Scarecrow Queen by Melinda Salisbury because Mel is Queen and this trilogy is fantastic.
- Rewrite: Cell 7 by Kerry Drewery. This book if marvellous, I wouldn’t rewrite it but I would add on a chapter so I don’t have to wait for the next book to find out what happens next!
- Burn: Still Alice by Lisa Genova. This book broke my heart into smithereens and whilst it is beautiful, I don’t think I could ever read it again so it can burn!
We Were Liars, Cysgod y Cryman, The Deviants
- Reread: The Deviants by C. J. Skuse. Gosh did I love this book the first time I read it. I would love to reread this now that I know exactly who The Deviants are.
- Rewrite: Cysgod y Cryman by Islwyn Ffowc Ellis. I bloody loved this book when I read it in Uni. I’d like to rewrite a version that made it more simple so the kids I teach could read it. (Ps. Yay for Welsh language books!)
- Burn: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I liked this book but I definitely didn’t love it like everyone else seems to and in this scenario it gets burned. Which actually seems appropriate…
There we have it! I thoroughly enjoyed doing this again and may do it again in a few months! I’d love to hear below if you agree/disagree with any of my choices!
I’m not going to tag anyone in particular, but if you fancy giving it a go then please do and leave a link below so I can check out your answers!