Hi everyone! Happy June! Can you believe we are here already? This month I’m hoping to get back to my blogging and also get more reads under my belt. Over the last few days I’ve seen quite a few people joining the Marvel-a-Thon which is being hosted by Jamieson. Follow this link to find out all of the details!
I have to admit that even though I’ve seen some of the Marvel movies, I haven’t seen them all. However last month I really struggled to pick what I would read next so I thought I’d give this readathon a go to help me form some kind of TBR for the month of June. I doubt I’ll read a book for every prompt but it’ll be fun to see how it turns out.
The idea is to read books for the prompts in Phase One, when that is complete go on to Phase Two and then finally on to Phase Three – which is a lot of reading! The rules are simple: find a book to fit each prompt and read it! We are allowed two skips per phase and I’ll be making good use of those for the prompts that don’t fit my books. We are also able to save skips so if I don’t use any in Phase One, I have 4 to use in Phase Two if I want!
The prompts are above and there are a LOT of them! I’m going to roughly lay out my TBR below and I’ll start a thread on Twitter to keep up to date, feel free to follow me there (@kellysrambles). Books may change/be dropped along the way but at least I have a rough pile to start from!
- Iron Man: Read the first book in a series – Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
- Hulk: Read a book with a green cover – Mirror Magic by Claire Fayers
- Iron Man 2: Read a book that’s unpopular – Needlework by Deirdre Sullivan
- Thor: Read a book that involved myth or mythology – Simply the Quest by Maz Evans
- Captain America: Read a book set or written in World War Two – SKIP
- The Avengers: Read a book with multiple perspectives – The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
If I get this far, here are my choices…
- Iron Man 3: Read a book that will challenge you – A Thousand Perfect Notes by C. G. Drews
- Dark World: Read a book that involves siblings – Sadie by Courtney Summers
- Winter Soldier: Read a book where the main character is a villain or anti-hero – SKIP
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Read a book set in, written in, or involving the 80’s – Paper Girls Vol. 1
- Age of Ultron: Read a book involving an AI in some way – SKIP
- Ant-Man: Read a book involving a heist or thieves – The Smoke Thieves by Sally Green
It’ll be a miracle if we get this far, but if we do (and I read all of above) I’ll have 3 skips to my disposal which means I only need to do 5 of the prompts…
- Civil War: Read a book about a rivalry or enemies – War Storm by Victoria Aveyard
- Doctor Strange: Read a book that involves medicine in some way – SKIP
- GOTG: Volume 2: Read a book set in or involving space – Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings
- Spider-Man: Read a YA book involving secrets in some way – Seed by Lisa Heathfield
- Thor: Ragnarok: Read a popular book – Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Alberbetalli
- Infinity War: Read a book that fulfils multiple challenges – SKIP
- Black Panther: Read an ownvoices book with a black main character – SKIP
- Captain Marvel: Read a book with a female mc – Theatrical by Maggie Harcourt
- The Avengers 4: Read a book you don’t know anything about – The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
Looking at this TBR makes me realise how many of these books I probably won’t read but it’ll be fun to try and at least I now have a TBR of some kind for June. I won’t exclusively only read these books though, there are a couple I’m hoping to get my hands on this month that I’ll read even if I can’t quite fit them into the prompts. We shall see!
Are you taking part in the Marvel-a-Thon? What’s on your TBR?
Are there any books on my TBR you’ve read and enjoyed? Tell me about them!
Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin’ or Goodreads. Comments are always warmly welcome.
Pingback: June: Bookish Reflection | Kelly's Rambles·
Pingback: Bullet Journal Post: June Set Up! | Kelly's Rambles·
I’ve just read Northern Lights and would love to hear your thoughts once you have- I don’t think I’ll be continuing with the series. I loved Simply the Quest, so I hope you enjoy that, and I’m currently about halfway through Mirror Magic and really liking it. My copy of Theatrical has just arrived, and I’m looking forward to reading it, hopefully soon. Good luck with your readathon 💜
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Amy! I finished Northern Lights today, we will have to talk! x