Hi everyone! It’s Sunday and time for a #SixforSunday post! This is a weekly meme hosted by my lovely friend Steph @ A Little But A Lot. Don’t forget to check out her blog for today’s post too!
Today our prompt is to share six reasons why we love books so much! This is something I could probably write an entire blog series about to be honest so it’s actually been a bit of a challenge to be concise and not ramble too much. So with no further ado, here are 6 of the (many) reasons that I love books!
- Escape – reading is my biggest escape from the outside world. Being able to lose myself in a book is my favourite way to relax and I find it to be such a privilege to be able to explore someone else’s imagination.
- Finding Me – even at my ripe old age I am still constantly finding parts of myself due to something I have read in a book. No matter the target audience, in the last year or so I’ve learnt quite a lot about myself and the way I am from finding bits of me in characters and stories I’ve read. It can be both emotional and inspiring.
- Pretty – books are just gorgeous, aren’t they? Sometimes I sit here and just browse my own shelves and think how lucky I am to be able to own such gorgeous books. I am a sucker for a pretty cover or spine (and probably own a lot of my books for that sole reason…)
- Something for every mood – I love that no matter my mood or emotion I can always find something out there to connect with. Whether I need something fun, light-hearted and fluffy or something dark and emotional, there is always something.
- Characters – I am a hoarder of both books and favourite characters. If I connect with even a single character in a book then I’ll root for them until the end of time.
- Friendship – my love of reading is what lead me to start this blog. Without that I would never have met so many of the amazing people I am now lucky to call friends. I also wouldn’t have had half the opportunities I have had to meet so many of my favourite authors and create such special memories.
What do you love most about books?
Do we have anything in common? (I’m sure we do!)