Hey everyone! It’s not often I post in the evening but I all of a sudden realised I hadn’t actually shared my TBR for the readathon I’m taking part in during July – woops!
The O.W.Ls readathon is such an amazing idea and is (obviously) based off the Harry Potter books. The idea is the baby of BookTuber Book Roast. The original readathon took place in April but I missed it completely! The next stage of the readathon are the N.E.W.Ts which are happening in August and so lots of people are taking their O.W.Ls in July and I thought I would join in. Check out all the info you need in this video!
The idea is to read a book for as many of the prompts, which are Hogwarts classes, as possible. Out of the 12 prompts I am aiming to read 5 books which will get me an “Outstanding” in my OWLs. I may read more, I may not, who knows! I’ve picked a book for each prompt but I definitely have certain subjects I’m going to focus on as only the subjects we pass at OWL level can be taken forward to NEWT level in August! Such a fab idea! Here’s my TBR!
- Ancient Runes (Read a book with a symbol on the cover) – Truth Sister by Phill Gilvin
- Arithmancy (Read a book with a number on the cover or in the title) – Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel
- Astronomy (Read a Sci Fi book) – Paper Girls Vol.1
- Care of Magical Creatures (Book with a magical creature in it or on the cover) – The Surface Breaks by Louise O’Neill
- Charms (Read a fantasy novel) – The Storm Keeper’s Island by Catherine Doyle
- Defence Against the Dark Arts (Book with a secret society or club) – S.T.A.G.S by M.A. Bennett
- Divination (Book with prophecies) – Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix by J.K Rowling
- Herbology (Nature related word in the title) – Moonrise by Sarah Crossan
- History of Magic (Read a historical fiction novel) – The Electrical Venus by Julie Mayhew
- Muggle Studies (Read a non-fiction book) – Looking After Your Mental Health
- Potions (Read a book that features alchemy) – The Potion Diaries by Amy Alward
- Transfiguration (Read a book that deals with transfiguration/shape shifting) – To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
My goal is to read 5 of these books but hopefully I’ll read more! We shall see what July brings!