January has been an excellent month for me on the blog! Whilst this post will mainly revolve around my reading successes, I also wanted to take the chance to celebrate that I have stuck to my blogging schedule EVERY step of the way! I have posted every day except for Thursdays and I’m super pleased with myself. (Although it’s quite possible you are fed up of me!)
Number of Books read: 10
Number of Pages read: 3,287
A quick overview of my ratings is listed below. Book covers link to the Goodreads page for each book, the titles below will lead you either to the review on my blog or Goodreads review if I’ve not yet posted it here.
- A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard – ★★★★★
- The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr – ★★★★★
- Burned and Broken by Mark Hardie – ★★★
- The Princess Saves Herself in this One by Amanda Lovelace – ★★★★★
- Wing Jones by Katherine Webber – ★★★★★
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake – ★★★★
- 1984 by George Orwell – ★★★
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton – ★★★★★
- Dancing Into Battle by Julian Fellowes – ★★★
- Hard Choices by Hillary Rodham Clinton – ★★★★
Overall I had a great reading month! Look how many stars I awarded! I particularly fell in love with YA contemporaries this month! Please recommend me some of your favourites!
It definitely wouldn’t have taken a genius to predict that my book of the month for January would be Wing Jones by Katherine Webber. This book is simply fantastic. It tells the story of Wing Jones, a half Ghanaian half Chinese teenage girl whose life is turned upside down. It’s a really touching story of self-discovery and self-acceptance and also has a beautiful touch of magical realism. I can’t do this book justice in such a small summary but checking out my review (linked above) would help…. I also went to a panel with Katie and she is literally the nicest person I have ever met, I adore her! You can read about it here.
- Goodreads Challenge: 10/100
- Let’s Turn Pages: 3,287/38,000 pages
- British Books Challenge: 4/12
- 2017 Beat the Backlist Challenge: 3/40
- #DiversityBingo2017: 1/36
All in all January was a pretty amazing month! I’ve really started to love blogging again and totally exceeded my own expectations for what I would read this month! My TBR for February will be up tomorrow!
What were your favourites reads in January?
Have you read my book of the month Wing Jones? What did you think?