A big thank you to the lovely Ali @ Devouring Books and Lattes for nominating me for this one. You should go and check out her blog!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
2. Write a post to show your award
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created
I’ve been an avid reader and lover of books for most of my life but I really got into the swing of reading challenges back in November 2015 and by the end of 2015 I decided that I wanted to start blogging about the books I read. I’ve been in the community for just over a year now and I absolutely love it. Thanks to my bookish ways I have met some amazing people and authors and the experiences just keep on getting better. I love my blog, it’s an extension of me and I enjoy writing my posts.
- Write for you. This is seriously the most important piece of advice I could give. If you write posts that you enjoy and feel passionate about then others will enjoy them too. Don’t write something for the sake of it, write it because you need to, because you want to and because you love to do so.
- Socialise! Go and comment on other blogs, take part in tags/weekly memes where you can meet other bloggers and discover new blogs. I know I haven’t even scratched the surface of the bookish community yet but by commenting around I get to know people and find new blogs all the time!
I’m going to pick a few people to tag but absolutely anyone is welcome to tag themselves from this post! Just let me know and I’ll check out your post too!
- Steph @ A Little But A Lot
- Aoife @ Pretty Purple Polka Dots
- Hollie @ Hollieblog
- Amanda @ Cover2Cover Mom
- Rosie @ Rosie Freckle Reads
- Jackie @ Death by Tsundoku
- Charlotte @ Charlotte Reads Things
- Mikaela @ The Well Thumbed Reader
- Lilly @ Lair of Books
Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin’ or Goodreads. Comments are always warmly welcome.
Thank you so much for the tag!
Your advice is spot on! Blogging should be for you. If you are just writing what you think people want to hear it will show. Being yourself is so important in blogging!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for the nomination!
Reading challenges was the stepping stone I took to get to blogging too! It was a bit more complicated than that, but more or less. 😉 I love reading challenges because they push me to read outside my comfort zone.
Pingback: Sunday Summary 05.02.17 | Kelly's Rambles·
Aw, thanks so much for the nomination, even though I’ve already done it recently! It is cool to get nominated twice, though! 😄
And I definitely agree on the socializing! I would definitely say that’s what got the majority of my followers from!
LikeLiked by 1 person