Hi everyone! After my wrap up of YALC at the beginning of the week I’m finally back to share my book haul with you! YALC was an actual heaven for bookish people and not only were there really fab events and chances to meet our favourite authors but we were also spoiled with so many books and samplers! Check out what I brought home with me!
One really lovely bonus of being at YALC is the opportunity to get advanced copies of books to read and review. I’m not someone who spent the weekend chasing down ARCs as I was more often than not in the panel room or chatting to authors and missed most of the announcements but I was still very, very lucky to come home with copies of some books I’m really looking forward to reading! A big thanks to all the publishers who shared these with us.
I was super, super excited to get copies of The Invasion and The Arsonist as they weren’t books I expected to see at YALC. I’m looking forward to reading all of the copies I got – check out more information about them below!
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert
- There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins
- Blackbird by N. D. Gomes
- The Truth and Lies of Ella Black by Emily Barr
- The Sacrifice Box by Martin Stewart
- The Invasion by Peadar O’Guilin
- The Arsonist by Stephanie Oakes
Obviously being surrounded by books and my favourite bookish people all weekend meant that I bought myself some books whilst I was there too! On the whole I thought I was very controlled in how many I bought but I’m really pleased with the books I did purchase!
Something really exciting at YALC was that some early finished copies were on sale for last weekend only and so I managed to buy my copies of The Loneliest Girl in the Universe, Alex & Eliza and S.T.A.G.S early! Sugar Rush was my mystery book buy from My Kinda Book who were selling wrapped books for £5 (they were also willing to swap books if you got one you already owned which I thought was super cute!). I picked up copies of Darkmere and Stolen after having them recommended to me.
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James
- Alex & Eliza by Melissa De La Cruz
- Darkmere by Helen Maslin
- S.T.A.G.S by M. A. Bennett
- Sugar Rush by Julie Burchill
- Stolen by Lucy Christopher
Ah, samplers! There were samplers as far as the eye could see at YALC and I managed to pick up some really great ones that I was excited for. I’m sure there were some that I missed but I did manage to get quite a lot. I’ve not read any of them just yet but when I do I’ll share some quick thoughts with you! All will be linked below so you can see the full list!
My most anticipated samplers were Floored and Sorrow (final title to be confirmed!) which I managed to get on the first day and then I picked up all of these other beauties too!
- Tangleweed & Brine by Deirdre Sullivan
- Children of Blood and Bone by Toni Adeyemi
- Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff
- Clean by Juno Dawson (not pictured as it just looked white!)
- Fire Lines by Cara Thurlbourn
- The Space Between the Stars by Anne Corlett
- Hope by Rhian Ivory
- Spare and Found Parts by Sarah Maria Griffin
- Otherworld by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller
- Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart (found in my bag after the pic – woops!)
- Hole in the Middle by Kendra Fortmeyer
- It Only Happens In The Movies by Holly Bourne
- The Last Days of Archie Maxwell by Annabel Pitcher
- Shell by Paula Rawsthorne
- The Surface Breaks by Louise O’Neill
- Floored by Various (aka the best crew of UKYA authors!)
- All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Steifvater
- Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury
As you can see I certainly did not come home empty handed and it definitely made for an interesting journey home on the tube and train but I made it with all books intact! Now just to find room for them all to live…
Which of the books/samplers I got are you most looking forward to reading?
What are your most anticipated releases for the rest of 2017?