So August has been a PRETTY GOOD month for reading and all general bookish things. I got to meet V. E. Schwab and she was just incredible. I went to the HP studios and saw Cursed Child with my brother. I also got to spend bookish days with two of my favourite bookish friends Rosie and Steph. It has just been absolutely GORGEOUS and I have loved every second. As you’ll see below I read quite a lot and I enjoyed SO many fantastic books this month that I haven’t been able to pick a book of the month – WOOPS!! With no further ado here is what I read in August and you’ll find my reading goals and possible TBR for September at the bottom!
Number of Books read: 14 (!!!!!)
Number of Pages read: 5,168
LOOK! Look at all those gorgeous books I was lucky to read this month! My favourite thing about August is that I have the entire month off and I’m not at all thinking about work so I’m nice and relaxed. That means on some days I can just sit and read for a whole day and not feel at all guilty. I also spent quite a bit of time on trains this month too. I’m pretty impressed with this number of books even when I had time off but I just was really enjoying everything I read and it definitely boosted my reading mojo!
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – ★★★★★
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor – ★★★★★
- Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor – ★★★★★
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor – ★★★★★ (review coming soon!)
- Editing Emma by Chloe Seager – ★★★★★
- A Change is Gonna Come (Anthology) – ★★★★★
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo – ★★★★★
- Who Let the Gods Out? by Maz Evans – ★★★★★
- The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood – ★★★
- Spy Toys by Mark Powers – ★★★★
- Things A Bright Girl Can Do by Sally Nicholls – ★★★★ (review coming soon!)
- Prisoner of Ice and Snow by Ruth Lauren – ★★★ (review coming soon!)
- Truth or Dare by Non Pratt – ★★★★★ (review coming soon!)
- Ink by Alice Broadway – ★★★★ 1/2 (review coming soon!)
Look at ALL THOSE STARS. I really did read some incredible books!
- Goodreads Challenge: 76/100
- Let’s Turn Pages: 27,421/38,000 pages
- British Books Challenge: 22/12 (keeping going with this one!)
- 2017 Beat the Backlist Challenge: 19/40
- #DiversityBingo2017: 10/36
September TBR + Goals
September 4th is the date I’ve been dreading all summer: back to work! This means the end of endless hours reading but also marks the start of Autumn for me which does mean cosy nights in. September marks the start of a book buying ban (more on that in another blog post) so I’m hoping to work through those books already on my shelves and hopefully more from my NetGalley books too! I have made a few sneaky pre-orders to help me through though!
My goal for September is to read 8 books which would be around 2 a week. I’ve not decided on a strict TBR but here are three books I definitely will be reading!
I always used to be a fan of a strict TBR but more recently I’ve become a massive mood reader and it’s nice to be able to pick up any book that’s tickling my pickle and dive straight in!
What were your favourites reads in August?
What will you be reading in September?