Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s prompt is the top 10 new-to-me authors that I read in 2017. Now I read over 60 new authors in 2017 so I’ve narrowed this down even further to make it 10 new-to-me authors who have become autobuys for me regardless of what they publish because I love their writing so, so much.
These are all authors whom I read for the first time in 2017 – some of them will be old to you, others you may not have heard of yet, but maybe you’ll find someone here who takes your fancy!
- Katherine Webber (author of Wing Jones)
- Alwyn Hamilton (author of Rebel of the Sands trilogy)
- Melinda Salisbury (author of Sin Eater’s Daughter trilogy and upcoming State of Sorrow)
- Angie Thomas (author of The Hate U Give)
- Lisa Heathfield (author of Paper Butterflies, Seed and Flight of a Starling)
- Laini Taylor (author of Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy and Strange the Dreamer)
- Karen Gregory (author of Countless)
- Alice Broadway (author of Ink)
- Karen McManus (author of One of Us is Lying)
- Carlie Sorosiak (author of If Birds Fly Back and upcoming Wild Blue Wonder)
And there we have it! 10 authors whose work I fell in love with in 2017 and who are safely on my auto-buy list forever more (please keep writing books!)
Who are your new auto-buy authors from 2017?
Have you read any of the books by these authors?