Hi everyone, another week, another tag! This one is a re-do of a tag that I have done a couple of times before but really enjoy as it’s basically a bookish game. I haven’t done this since last September so it’s nearly a year on and there are PLENTY more books on my shelves to choose from.
The idea is to pick 3 books at random from your ‘read’ shelf on Goodreads and decide which you will reread, which you will rewrite and which book will be burned! I’m going to do five rounds for this post.
- Randomly choose 3 books you’ve read. (Use the ‘random’ option on your Goodreads “read” shelf.)
- For each group of three books, decide which book you’d burn, rewrite, or reread.
- Repeat until you complete three rounds (or five)
- Reread: I would 100% reread What’s A Girl Gotta Do? by Holly Bourne. This trilogy is absolutely fantastic and Lottie is definitely one of my favourites.
- Rewrite: Flawed by Cecelia Ahern – I remember liking this book but not loving it when I first read it but I do love the concept. I’d make a few tweaks.
- Burn: The Good Girl by Mary Kubica – there’s nothing wrong with this book at all but out of the three it’s the one I definitely won’t read again.
- Reread: Truth or Dare by Non Pratt – I absolutely loved this book and would definitely reread it.
- Rewrite: Front Lines by Michael Grant – I liked this first book but would love to have more Rainy in this book so I’d definitely add more of her.
- Burn: Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer – I liked this book but it just felt SO different from The Lunar Chronicles. Also I cannot draw so rewriting would not be helpful.
- Reread: The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton – I adored this world. It is so vivid and the concept behind the book is so interesting and relevant.
- Rewrite: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – Cheating slightly here… I wouldn’t rewrite this book because it’s already gorgeous but I’d write extra chapters…
- Burn: Cuckoo Song by Frances Hardinge – I don’t know if I just read this book at the wrong time in my life but I just could not get on board with it at all. Definite burn.
- Reread: Margot & Me by Juno Dawson – I adored this book and the way it flipped back and forth between the past and present. I loved Margot and this book gets bonus points for being set in Wales.
- Rewrite: Paper Towns by John Green – by far the most disappointing John Green book I have read. I remember really liking the characters but feeling like nothing happened in the book so I’d give them some plot twists!
- Burn: The Maze Runner by James Dashner – I came to this book too late in life and just really didn’t rate it.
- Reread: A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard – if you know me at all this won’t be a surprise, Sara is one of my favourite people. This book also happens to be gorgeous and I could reread it a million times.
- Rewrite: Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton – this boo was the perfect ending to the trilogy but there are certain heart aching moments I could erase and I could add more of the fluffy bits for my own shipping pleasure.
- Burn: Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard – there are not many books/authors that would make it past Sara or Alwyn. This book would have to burn.
I’m not going to tag anyone in particular, but if you fancy giving it a go then please do and leave a link below so I can check out your answers!