Hi everyone! Today I’m back with a new bookish meme that I saw over on Howling Libraries and new I had to give a go. I may do this monthly as I recently purged my TBR but I’ll definitely be doing it from time to time.
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation of why you removed it
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
Eek! I have quite ruthlessly just taken all of these five books off my TBR – here are the reasons why!
Memoirs of a Geisha – this book has been on my TBR for so many years and I just think I will probably never prioritise it to read despite having heard brilliant things.
The Child Thief – I added this book to my TBR back when I first joined Goodreads and saw a popular American blogger had raved abut it. On rereading the blurb now it just isn’t my kind of book at all.
The Young Elites – I really want to try some Marie Lu as all I’ve read of hers is Batman but I think that Warcross will be more my cup of tea. Open to persuasion on this one!
Behind Closed Doors – I think I added this back when it was being super hyped and I’ve still not read it. Maybe one day but for now it’s off the TBR.
The Golem and the Djinni – Whilst I think this book is right up my street it is also incredible LONG and I’m not sure I’ll ever commit to actually reading it.
Now for the books which are new to my TBR shelf! Some of these are out this year and a couple are 2019 releases. Rather than tell you why I want to read them (because the answer would be because I want to) I’ll put links below so you can go and check them out on Goodreads for yourself!
Are any of these books on or off your TBRs?
What do you think of my decisions?