Hi everyone! As this post goes live I will probably be frantically throwing things into a tote bag and getting myself ready to leave the house and head to London. This weekend sees the annual YALC (Young Adult Literature Convention) in London and I’m heading back for a second time with some of my favourite bookish people. We have an Air BnB really close to the venue and last year was just the BEST bookish time and I’m really looking forward to what this weekend holds.
My favourite thing about YALC is getting to meet so many wonderful authors and hear them talk about their books and bookish journeys. It really is very inspiring. I also love having the chance to meet so many online faces in person: other bloggers and publicists. It was the absolute highlight last year for me.
I thought I’d share with you my rough plans for YALC weekend. I’ve looked at the schedule and decided on my ‘must’ see/dos and I’m sure I’ll fit lots more in too. I’m prepared to be quite flexible, especially with signing queues but it’s always good to have a plan in mind. There are plenty of fab sounding panels as well as some huge YA names! I’ve used my journal to plan a bit again so there will be a few pictures of that in here too. [Click to enlarge all pictures!]
I think Friday will be my busiest day at YALC – there are so many brilliant panels!
- Look at the Industry – Annalie Grainger, Chloe Seager, Beth Garrod & Chloe Coles.
- Can we be friends? – Alice Oseman, David Owen, Gayle Foreman & Lauren Price.
- Centenary of the woman’s vote – Alwyn Hamilton, Katherine Webber, Sally Nicholls & Sheena Wilkinson.
- Where will you be in five years? – Katherine Woodfine, Non Pratt, Sally Green & Sara Barnard.
I’m also hoping to get a few books signed on the Friday too. I’ll also be using a spread in my journal to get as many author signatures as possible – more on that later!
I’ll also be going to the Floored Quiz on Friday evening with my bookish pals and the fabulous Floored 7! I was on the winning #TeamBarnard last year so hoping to continue the tradition this year!
Saturday is a bit quieter in the sense of panels that are ‘must’ sees but I really am hoping to get my copies of Floored signed by all seven authors which could be quite the mission on a Saturday morning!
- Politics on the Page (maybe) – Alice Skinner, Karen Gregory, Sarah Shaffi, Tom Pollock, Tomi Adeyemi & Yaba Badoe.
- Amonst the Stars – Becky Chambers, Lauren James, Samantha Shannon & Sasha Alsberg.
- My Body, My Way – Charli Howard, Charly Cox, Dhonielle Clayton, Laura Dockrill & Laura Steven.
- The Big YALC Quiz
Sunday is definitely the quietest day for me – although I’ll definitely pop into more panels than I’ve currently written down.
- Bring a torch it’s dark in here – Anna Day, Kerry Drewery, Nicky Singer, Vic James & William Sutcliffe.
- Real World, Real Me – Akemi Dawn Bowman, Eve Ainsworth, Holly Bourne, Lisa Williamson & Lydia Ruffles.
As well as the few books I’m bringing with me, I’m hoping to get my ‘YALC Authors’ page signed again. I loved having this to look back on last year and it was a great conversation starter too.
I’ll also be jotting down my YALC memories in my journal as the weekend goes along so that I don’t forget a thing.
I’ll be back soon with all the memories and fun times from YALC to share with you all. I’ll have a book haul (I already know I’ll come home with more books than I’m taking….) and lots to tell you about the various panels I attend.
Are you going to YALC?
Which panel would you like to attend?