Hi everyone! If you saw my post earlier in the week about YALC then hopefully you were expecting this post soon. I’m here today to deliver the bookish goods and show you my haul from YALC. This definitely isn’t as big as last year but it’s perfectly formed and I love it!
I thought we’d start with the books I took with me that I got signed by the lovely authors at YALC. All of these are books I owned before YALC but really loved and wanted to get signed. I even managed to track down Katie Webber’s husband and asked him to sign my Sam Wu books too. Meeting all of these authors was a lovely experience, even if getting Floored signed by all 7 authors was a challenge!
- Sam Wu is NOT Afraid of Ghosts by Katie and Kevin Tsang
- Sam Wu is NOT Afraid of Sharks by Katie and Kevin Tsang
- Floored by Sara Barnard, Tanya Byrne, Holly Bourne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson & Eleanor Wood
- In Your Light by Annalie Grainger
- White Rabbit Red Wold by Tom Pollock
- I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman
I knew before going to YALC that I was going to treat myself to some new reads, especially as there were going to be a few early releases available to buy. These are all the books I picked up. I had already read My Box-Shaped Heart by Rachael Lucas but I adored it so wanted to buy a physical copy too. My copies of Are We All Lemmings and Snowflakes? and The Island are both signed by the authors too.
- My Box-Shaped Heart by Rachael Lucas
- Out of the Blue by Sophie Cameron
- Are We All Lemmings and Snowflakes? by Holly Bourne
- The Island by M. A. Bennett
- If You Don’t Have Anything Nice to Say by Leila Sales
- The Price Guide to the Occult by Leslye Walton
There were quite a lot of proofs available to get your hands on at YALC this year but I spent so much time chatting to friends and authors that I pretty much forgot all about them. I did manage to get my hands on these two beauties though and I’m looking forward to reading them!
I picked up quite a lot of samplers this year and the plan is to do some more Sampler Sunday posts with Steph like we did last year. I adored this idea by Penguin which was to produce a book which has sample chapters from their 2018/19 releases in a year book format. This also happened to have gorgeous black sprayed edges. Simon & Schuster had a similar idea but they put all of their samplers onto really cute USB sticks!
As you can see I really did pick up quite a few samplers. Here are the ones I got my hands on.
- Oh My Gods by Alexandra Sheppard
- Three Strikes by Lucy Christopher, Kat Ellis and Rhian Ivory
- The Wicked King by Holly Black
- A Map of Days by Ransom Riggs
- The Curses by Laure Eve
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
- Feminists Don’t Wear Pink and Other Lies
- Fierce Like A Firestorm by Lana Popovic
- All the Lonely People by David Owen
- Kick the Moon by Muhammad Khan
- Enchantee by Gita Trelease
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
I got very lucky on a raffle at the Harper Collins booth where I managed to win a signed print by the lovely Alice Oseman. I love Alice’s artwork so owning a signed copy of this is just wonderful and I’ll be getting it framed to keep it in top condition!
Now for the BIGGIE. I am still SO delighted to have won the Floored competition being run at the MyKindaBook stand. To enter you had to submit your guesses as to which of the seven authors wrote each character and I WON! I managed to get five out of the seven author/character combinations correct an I was told by the lovely Kat that this was the most anyone had ever managed to get right, including some of the people at MacMillan! I am so over the moon to have won because these converse are such an incredible prize. Mine are currently being custom made but look out for plenty of pictures when they finally arrive!
YALC was really a brilliant time and I feel so lucky to even have the opportunity to attend an event like it.
Which of the books/samplers I got are you most looking forward to reading?
What are your most anticipated releases for the rest of 2018?