Happy Friday everyone! It is the last Friday of the summer holidays and although it will be lovely to see my work family and pupils next week, I am already waving a fond farewell to the relaxation of the past six weeks. Today I have my August book haul to share with you. I’ve picked up quite a few books throughout the month in various ways and I’m excited to share them with you!
Rather than post all the pictures separately this month I’ve gone with a couple of stacks but there are some individual books that arrived after I initially drafted this post (the downside of trying to be organised and draft ahead…)
This first stack of books were given to me by the lovely Amy @ Tomes with Tea. I couldn’t make the first meeting of the Swansea Blogger Collective (SBC from here on out) and so she very kindly collected these books for me so I wouldn’t miss out. I’m looking forward to reading the and also going to my first meeting this Sunday! A big thanks to Swansea Waterstones for arranging this and to HotKey Books, Two Birds Ink and Hoperoad Publishing for these books! Find out more about them all on Goodreads: American Girl, The Island, The Ghosts & Jamal, Ascension.
This is a slightly larger pile so I’ll go into a little more detail below about how I hauled each one! Title links will send you to Goodreads so you can add to your own TBR 🙂
- Pages & Co: Tilly and the Bookwanderers by Anna James – I have this on pre-order but my lovely friend Steph offered to lend me her proof so I could have a nose at this one early. I plan to read it in September!
- Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman – I’ve heard lots of brilliant things about this book so I knew I had to buy myself a copy. My friend Charlotte adores this book and I hold her fully responsible for the emotional turmoil I will find myself in!
- Lifelik3 by Jay Kristoff – I bought this one for myself. I know very little about it but I need to fill the Jay Kristoff sized hole in my life now that Darkdawn isn’t being published until next year.
- The Secret Deep by Lindsay Galvin – another that I bought for myself this month. I didn’t make it in time to grab a copy at YALC so when I saw it at Waterstones I didn’t hesitate!
- The Hurting by Lucy van Smit – the lovely Jazz from Chicken House Books sent me a copy of this. I’ll be picking it up very soon as I’m on the blog tour early September! I’ve read the first line and I’m SO intrigued!
- The Light Between Worlds by Laura Weymouth – this also comes courtesy of the lovely Jazz at Chicken House Books! (What a star!) I’m excited to read this as it sounds brilliant but it has SO many trigger warnings so I’m also a bit nervous to see what it will be like.
- It’s A Wrap by Perdita and Honor Cargill – I found out that I won this in a competition and it came so quickly! This was from the folks at Simon & Schuster and the giveaway was run by Emma @ Never Judge A Book By Its Cover. I don’t own the first two in this series, however, so I’ll have to get hold of them before I can read this one!
- True Sisters by Keren David – this one was sent to me by Kirstin at Barrington Stoke. I love Barrington Stoke’s dyslexia friendly books, they are always great for recommending in school. This one is beautiful and looks like a quick read!
- Dear Martin by Nic Stone – I have been seeing this book everywhere for quite some time now and I always eye it up but never buy it. On my recent trip to London I decided to take the plunge!
- Vendetta by Catherine Doyle – I also bought this one whilst in London. This trilogy has been on my TBR for ages and when I saw the sprayed edges I just had to buy it immediately!
I also picked up my gorgeous pre-order of City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab. I am a huge VE fan so I’m excited to see what her middle grade debut is like – I’m sure I’ll love it! No photo can do the beauty of this book justice!
The ever wonderful Stevie from Usborne sent me this GORGEOUS package for the upcoming September release of The Trouble With Perfect by Helena Duggan. This is the second in this middle grade series and I flipping adored the first book so I’m thrilled to have this in my hands. These books have the most stunning covers!
We all know that Kelly can’t resist the odd click around on NetGalley. Here are the titles I was approved for in August.
And there we have my August book haul! I have some cracking books to read in the coming months (I can hear my TBR roll its eyes at me whilst I type this…). A huge thank you to all the lovely publicists who have sent me books this month!
What books did you add to your shelves in August?
Did we haul any of the same books? Have you read any of these yet?